When prepping for a wedding, men’s bridal shoes are often low on the wedding “to-do” list. Don't disregard the importance of finding a quality's stylish wedding shoe, though. A great outfit isn’t just the fabric on your back; it’s the whole package; clothing, shoes, accessories & hair. So, what’s important when looking for Men’s wedding shoes?
- Colour and style coordination is paramount. Grey shoes and a grey suit are a no deal. Traditionally, Men’s wedding shoes are black so if you’re in doubt, play it classic. The most popular style of wedding shoe is either a classic black Oxford, just like our Bromley Black.
- Leather is often the best option and it’s best to steer clear of suedes or prints. Plain leather is the most common material used for Men’s wedding shoes; there is many different types of leathers to consider, such as calf leather, cow hide leather, treated leather and more! The Elsom Black is a fantastic Oxford with a classic round toe made in Italy from soft cowhide.
- Although plain black leather dress shoes are your safe option, it's also worth noting other styles and leathers that accommodate exactly for occasions such as weddings. Patent leather shoes, such as our Hatcher Black are a fantastic option and add a touch of elegance. Velvet is also a stylish option for the bold at heart.
- The Groom and his groomsmen can wear different shoes. You rarely see the groom wearing the same suit as the best man, so this rule applies to Men’s wedding shoes too. We have some great combinations for you to try so drop by and we’ll help you pick coordinating pairs.
- Finally, comfort is the most important factor. You don’t want to be sporting disagreeable footwear on your wedding day. As all feet are different, we recommend you take the time to be fitted professionally when making any footwear decisions, especially for Men’s Wedding shoes. By ensuring the right fit and regular shoe care, your footwear will maintain its comfort and durability, which is the essence of Aquila shoe designs.